Chumphon is around 463 kilometers away from Bangkok. Tourists can travel to Chumphon by many means, either by car, bus, train, or plane.
From Bangkok, take either Phutthamonthon-Nakhon Pathom-Phetchaburi route or Thonburi-Pak Tho route (Highway 35), then turn onto Highway 4 (Phetkasem Road), passing through Phetchaburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan Provinces before arriving at Pathom Phon intersection. Take the left turn to go into Mueang Chumphon via Highway 4001 for another 8 kilometers.
- From Bangkok Railway Station (Hua Lamphong). Rapid and express trains from Bangkok to Chumphon are daily provided. For further information, please call 1690 or 02-621-8701 For ticket reservation, please call 02-220-4444 or at Chumphon Railway Station, call 07-751-1103 www.railway.co.th
- From Thonburi Railway Station (Bangkoknoi). There are ordinary and rapid trains leaving for Chumphon daily. For further information, please call 02-621-8701 and 02-411-3100
The Transport Co.Ltd. provides buses from Bangkok’s Southern Bus Terminal, Borom Ratchonni Road daily. For further information, please call 02-894-6122, 02-422-4444. Tickets can be bought online at Mor Chit, and ticket buyers can take a bus from the Southern Bus Terminal. To reserve tickets, please call 02-536-1852(-66), 02-262-3456 or visit www.transport.co.th
As for private bus operators, please check the further information at
- Chok Anant Tour Co.,Ltd. Tel. no. 02-894-6300(-2), 02-885-7805(-7). Chumphon office, Tel. no. 07-751-1480, 07-751-1757
- Sawannathi Tour Co.,Ltd. Tel. no. 02-894-6066(-7), 02-435-5026, 02-435-5030 Chumphon office, Tel. no. 07-750-4901, 07-751-1422, 07-750-1535
Chumphon Airport is located in Chumkho Subdistrict, Pathio District, Chumphon Province. Two airlines provide the service, which are,
- Nok Air operates daily flights from Don Muang Airport to Chumphon at 08.30 am., and from Chumphon to Don Muang at 10.00 am. For further information, please call 1318.
- Solar Air operates flights from Don Muang Airport to Chumphon.
In Mueang Chumphon District, there are local public buses travelling between Mueang Chumphon District and other districts. Tourists can choose many kinds of transportation as deemed convenient. For further information, please call Chumphon Bus Terminal, Tel. no. 0 7750 2725, 0 7751 1099
- Taxi Taxis are available at the taxi stand behind the old fresh market, on the opposite side of Chumphon Bus Terminal. From here there are buses transporting to Lang Suan District, Ranong Province, and Surat Thani Province.
- Mini-bus. The mini-bus stands are mostly in and around the Bus Terminal. They transport people to Lang Suan, Phato, Tha Tako District, etc.
- Local public buses (Route : Chumphon-Sawi-Lang Suan). The buses park in front of Chumphon market, Tha Taphao Road, from 06.00 -18.00 Hrs.